Last Updated October 21, 2019
No Children Under 13
This Website is not directed at or intended for use by children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 through this Website. You may be required to create an account to use certain features of our Website, which will require you to provide your date of birth.
Users Outside the United States
This Website is not directed at or intended for users outside the U.S. Please be advised that if you are located in the European Union or another region with laws related to data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, your personal information submitted through this Website and transferred to the U.S. may not have the same legal data protection as in your jurisdiction.
Information We Collect
As you use services offered on our Website, we may collect certain information from you and your computer. We collect information from users of our Website through users’ activities, transactions, completion of online forms on our Website, and registration of an account for use with our services. Such information is collected when users register for absentee, telephone, or online bidding, subscribe to our Mailing List on our Website, upload photographs, send us an e-mail, or in any other way submit information to us via our Website. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use our services.
Information we collect may include:
- Your name, email address, mailing address, country location, zip code, telephone number, fax number, and date of birth.
- Any password or other login credentials you create as part of the account set-up process.
- Your credit card or debit card number and any other payment information used to complete a purchase.
- Your Website activity, including, but not limited to, any favorites you identify, all items you have bid on through the Website, and all purchases you have completed with us.
- Any other information you voluntarily provide when you contact us through the Website that may identify you or allow online or offline contact with you.
How We Use Collected Information
We use information collected through the Website as follows.
- To act on and respond to your requests and to give you product and service offerings.
- To deliver notifications, alerts, and other information requested by you or which we feel may interest you regarding upcoming auctions or events.
- To complete payment transactions with you.
- To communicate with you regarding bidding, buying or consignment information.
- To report account information to credit bureaus where applicable.
- To analyze Website usage and improve our Website functionality.
- To notify you regarding any concerns with the Website or personal information collected by us through the Website, including, as required by law in the event that any of the personal information you provided to us is exposed to unauthorized third-parties. In the event of such unauthorized exposure, we expressly reserve the right to provide notice to you electronically via the email address you have provided to us if permitted to do so by law.
Please refer to our Terms for additional information related to electronic communications.
How We Share Information
We will not share your information except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may collect, report and share personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, for example, our technical, marketing and content service providers. We may also share your personal information with third-party providers of cloud, web and/or server hosting services. Certain third-party service providers utilized by us may collect personal information from you as authorized by us. Our service providers may provide information collected by them through this Website to us, such as reports of email addresses and account information they collect, store and/or process for us, which we may use for marketing purposes. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these service providers or of other websites. By using our Website, you consent to the processing and handling of your personal information by our service providers in the manner and for the purposes described here and in their respective privacy policies. We do not authorize these third parties to use your personal information except as necessary to provide services to us or for purposes authorized by us.
- Additionally, we may disclose your personal data (1) to comply with a law, regulation or other governmental request, for example, to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process or requests by law enforcement or governmental entities; (2) to investigate or defend against third-party claims against us; (3) to detect, prevent or investigate fraud or other illegal activity or to enforce our Terms; (4) to repair or resolve technical issues in the operation of this Website; (5) if required by law, to respond to a request by you to disclose the information, including a request to allow access to your account and personal information by third-parties designated by you; (6) with your knowledge and consent; and (7) to address emergencies or acts of God. We may share your personal information as an asset of the business in the event of a sale, merger or other business combination or transfer involving us or affiliated entities.
- If someone obtains access to use your login credentials for this Website, your personal information submitted through this Website may be disclosed to that person.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
This Website and our partners may use various technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect and store information when you access and use our services.
A cookie is a piece of data that’s either stored in your computer’s memory temporarily and automatically deleted when you close your browser (a “session” cookie) or placed on your hard drive (a “persistent” cookie) by a web server. A persistent cookie is not deleted when the browser is closed. Cookies allow us to make your interaction with the Website faster and more personal, for example by remembering your preferences the next time you return to the Website. Cookies also allow us to monitor how you and other users use the Website. This information can be used to create a profile for future marketing purposes, improve the site, or detect and prevent site misuse.
Web beacons, which are also known as clear GIFs, bugs or pixel tags, are often used in combination with cookies. They are images (often transparent) that are embedded as part of the Website or in an email for the purpose of monitoring the behavior of persons who interact with the Website or open an email.
This Website contains links to other websites, and these third-party websites may set cookies or other tracking tools on your device. We are not responsible for the cookie or tracking practices of other websites.
IP Address and Clickstream Data
When you visit our Website, our server collects your server’s Internet Protocol address, or IP Address. This is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider. When you are on our Website, our servers may log your IP Address and your domain name which identify you. This identifies you and is used by us for demographic analysis of our customers. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us: the pages you visit; the website you visit after this Website; the ads you see and click on; other information about the type of hardware and software and settings you are using; search terms you have used on this Website or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our Web servers. We use this information for system administration, to diagnose server problems, to administer our Website, and for demographic analysis, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider. We may link this information with your personal information. Any or all of these activities with regard to Website usage information may be performed on our behalf by our service providers, including, for example, our analytics vendor(s) and our e-mail management partner(s).
This Website does not respond to “Do Not Track Signals.”
Links to Third Party Websites
Please refer to our Terms for additional information related to third party website links.
How Do We Protect Your Information
LELAND LITTLE AUCTIONS takes the security of your personal information seriously. We will implement commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information collected through this Website. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that your personal information will never be accessed by an unauthorized party or otherwise breached during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care. Additionally, any contact with us by email or by way of our Website might not be secure. Others could view this information in transit.
In the event that we believe any of the personal information you provided to us has been exposed to unauthorized third-parties, we will notify you as required by law or upon our own choice. In the event of such unauthorized exposure, we expressly reserve the right to provide notice to you electronically via the email address you have provide to us if permitted to do so by law.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal data for only as long as we deem reasonably necessary or desirable, unless a different retention period is required by any applicable law, rule or regulation. We reserve the right to delete or destroy any information collected, including personal information, at any time.
Removal or change of information in any account you create may not automatically result in the deletion of the relevant files from our systems and servers. LELAND LITTLE AUCTIONS is not obligated to ensure the deletion of your information from any systems or servers operated or used by us in the event of removal or change by a user.
If your access to the services we provide has been terminated or restricted in any way, we may, but are not obligated to, irretrievably delete any and all information we have stored pertaining to activity from your account.
Access to Your Personal Information and How to Contact Us
You may choose to stop receiving our notifications, alerts, or other marketing emails electronically by following the unsubscribe instructions included in a particular email, writing to us at "Leland Little Auctions, Attn: Electronic Communications, 620 Cornerstone Court, Hillsborough, NC 27278", emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at (919) 644-1243. Please refer to our Terms for additional information related to electronic communications.
We may update or change our privacy practices and this policy from time to time. If we update the policy, we will publish an announcement on this page of the Website or as otherwise required by law. The date at the top of this policy reflects the date of the most recent update.