Lot Details & Additional Photographs
Circa 1800, walnut, with poplar secondary wood, two- part form, the upper box with hinged lid and molded edge, original brasses, base features an applied lip and pull-out drinks slide, straight tapered leg with beaded molding.
36 x 18 x 15.25 in.
Private Collection Charlotte, NC Purchased from Mr. John Tyler. John & Margaret Tyler were the original benefactors to the Hope Plantation in Windsor, NC and created the Historic Hope Foundation in 1965. Hope Plantation was fully restored and furnished and opened to the public in 1972.
Full blind dove-tailed case; rosehead and cut nail construction.
Likely replaced divided bottle interior; (4) later 3 inch braces to underside of lid; left frame molding with 1 in. chip loss
$5,000 - 10,000