Lot Details & Additional Photographs
1860s, heavy dark alkaline glaze with runs and separation, ovoid with semi-round rim and arching handles, three slash marks below the rim representing capacity, stamped above base "J W. S & Co/Pine House/ SC."
13 1/2 x 9 in.Private Southern Collection
The jar was turned prior to 1870 when the post office name was changed from Pine House to Trenton.
Circular firing line under rim; hairline of 3 in. from rim; 2 in. hairline above the opposite handle; two hairlines from the base upwards; loss of section of the underside.